Today, Monday August 2, 2010 marks the end of the academic portion of the Study of the United States Summer Institute on Media and Journalism hosted by the School of Journalism at the Scripps College of Communication on the beautiful Ohio University Campus.
As I reflect on the last four weeks, I must register kudos to the program faculty and staff members. A big thank you for:
- hosting us with such grace and generosity
- accommodating personal and cultural idiosyncrasies
- giving us the opportunity to dig into the culture of Southeast Ohio and beyond its borders
- working assiduously and efficiently to ensure our comfort
- providing avenues for us to satisfy our needs and many wants
- proving the opportunity of networking with a cadre of top-notch professionals and academics
- everything else that you did that I fail to remember
While our time in Ohio has come to an end, we look forward to the Atlanta and Washington D.C. leg of the journey knowing that we are in safe hands. Once again, thank you Ohio.