Score rating 5-7 – highly knowledgeable
3-4 – moderately knowledgeable
2-1 – slightly knowledgeable
0 -- dummy
1) Which President introduced the New Deal?
a. Harry Truman
b. Herbert Hoover
c. Richard Nixon
d. Franklin D. Roosevelt
2) Which of the following Presidents had two terms in office?
a. Jimmy Carter
b. George Bush
c. Dwight D. Eisenhower
d. Lyndon B. Johnson
3) Under which of these Presidents did the US not engage in war?
a. Franklin D. Roosevelt
b. Jimmy Carter
c. George W. Bush
d. Harry Truman
4) Which of the following statements is true?
a. Lyndon B. Johnson was the only President who did not run for his second term
b. Dwight D. Eisenhower ended the Korean War and engaged the US in the Cuban
c. Ronald Reagan revived US foreign relations with China and the Soviet Union
d. Crime rate fell to the lowest point in 30 years during George Bush’s era
5) Walter Mondale was a running mate of which President?
a. Ronald Reagan
b. Harry Truman
c. Jimmy Carter
d. John F. Kennedy
6) What is not true about JFK?
a. He was assassinated in 1963 in Dallas, Texas.
b. He founded the Peace Corps.
c. He was a US Senator from Maine.
d. He founded the Peace Corps.
7) Under which President did the US witness the most prosperity with lowest
inflation and unemployment in 30 years?
a. Dwight D. Eisenhower
b. Richard Nixon
c. Ronald Reagan
d. Bill Clinton
Answers: 1. d 2. c 3. b. 4. a. 5. c 6. c. 7. d
Saturday, August 7, 2010