This rock’n roll quiz was written three weeks ago after our SUSI team went to the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, OH. But due to a whiplash accident and other engagements, I was delayed in uploading it. Anyhow, here it is and I challenge all the SUSI participants and program staff to test your knowledge on rock’n roll. Be aware that this was written by a rock’n roll dummy.
Score rating 5-7 – highly knowledgeable
3-4 – moderately knowledgeable
2-1 – slightly knowledgeable
0 -- dummy
1) Which of the following artists would qualify least as Rock & Roll?
a. Simon & Garfunkel
c. Aretha Franklin
d. Michael Jackson
2) Which of the following is not the British invasion of Rock & Roll?
a. The Beatles
b. The Byrds
c. The Animals
d. Rolling Stones
3) At what age did Jim Morrison die?
4) Which is not Elvis Presley’s song?
a. Can’t help falling in love
b. Heartbreak Hotel
c. In the Ghetto
d. Nighttime in Paris
5) Of the following pairs, which has no relationship with each other?
a. Rolling Stones – A Bigger bang
b. Rod Stewart – the Motown song
c. Guns N' Roses' – Chinese Democracy
d. The Byrd – With a little help from my friends
6) If Nirvana is classified as Alternative Rock & Roll, what would Jimmi
a. Punk New Waves
7) How many of the Beatles members are still alive in 2010?
Answers: 1. d. 2. b. 3.c. 4. d. 5. d. 6. b. 7. b.
Saturday, August 7, 2010